Release Note
ZenTalk

[Resolved] Data Packets on H+ and below (3G, 2G)

968 8
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Danish.Afwan MYS Level 4 | All posts
ZenFone 4 Bug Report
ZF Model: ZC520KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW-14.2016.1801.372
Frequency of Occurrence: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900. HSDPA 850 / 900 / 2100. LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 20(800), 40(2300)
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
I got two sim card into my device. When I'm go online using fast cellular packet data on 4G, it appears to be okay. No problems at all. But, when I switch to H+, 3G, 2G, the network speed drops. Its normal for slow data transmission but sometimes (which is so frequent), data transmission on H+, 3G, 2G network are totally gone. I need to turn off cellular data...-...wait for more than 30 sec*...-...turn on cellular data back again to fix this.

*If i didn't wait for that 30 seconds, it will fail to connect to celllular data network. The icons of current network which shows "4G" "H+" also will be never showed up unless i wait for this step.

I've done everything, sent back to retailers, asus shops and stuff, but this problem persists. I tried hard reset and re-downloading and re-configure my operators' internet setting. But again, this problem still exists.
Props
Hello Danish.Afwan
Have you consulted your operator?
H+, 3G, 2G are relatively slower compared to 4G
Thank you
Props
Thanks for your reply... I know that H+, 2G, and 3G are much slower. Nevermind, after I downgrades the firmware and update it back to the latest version, everything fine now. (I just need to do hard reset to fix this) Thanks
Props
ITA Level 4 | All posts
Danish.Afwan posted on 2018/3/7 17:14
Thanks for your reply... I know that H+, 2G, and 3G are much slower. Nevermind, after I downgrades t ...

Hello can you explain me How you downgrade  ???
Props
xOJOx posted on 2018/3/8 03:11
Hello can you explain me How you downgrade  ???

I dump the *.raw file system, then load it into my device via fastboot mode. If you need any further assis, I can help guide you step by step
Props
ITA Level 4 | All posts
Danish.Afwan posted on 2018/3/24 15:44
I dump the *.raw file system, then load it into my device via fastboot mode. If you need any furth ...

yes thanks if you can write me the steps.
Props
ITA Level 4 | All posts
Danish.Afwan posted on 2018/3/24 15:44
I dump the *.raw file system, then load it into my device via fastboot mode. If you need any furth ...

Hello can you tel me how to downgrade. Please
Props
Last edited by Danish.Afwan on 2018/4/10 14:10
xOJOx posted on 2018/4/5 22:12
Hello can you tel me how to downgrade. Please

BIG SORRY!
I'm sorry for the inconvenience....

So here:

1)PREPARATION:

First, install this tools from this web:

[Minimal adb and fastboot & driver]
https://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=2317790

This tools will install adb and fastboot commands into your system. Also, this step will install universal adb drivers.

*Just follow on screen instruction and accept to install everything (adb+fastboot&drivers).

*After installation, open the cmd and type "adb" (press enter).
*Type "fastboot" (press enter)

If its list all available commands, you successfully installed adb and fastboot commands.

*Then, plug in your phone to your computer and check whether your device is recognized by the computer by typing "adb devices".

*Type "fastboot devices".

(Your device is recognized if there will be something like "List of attached device
<random number>   <something>

The adb command successfully installed and your device is recognized by your pc. Good job. Now, lets prepare the firmware.

[Extract and repack .img to .dat and vice versa]
https://forum.xda-developers.com ... ndroid-5-8-t3670763

This tool require phython 2.7 and a windows update (refer to the mentioned link)

*Extract these tools to somewhere you found it comfortable.

Instructions on using this tools mentioned on the link provided. (The one where you download this tool)

[Device Firmware]
*Log on to your zenfone's device webpage and download the official firmware from there

*‎Unpack it(the firmware .zip file), copy the files that is required by .dat to .img tools and paste it into the same folder where's the .dat to .img tool is extracted.

+The boot.img is your recovery img (correct me if im wrong)
+‎The system_new.dat (or something like this with large file size is your whole operating system for your device)

FLASHING:

please use common sense... Apology to said that... Sincerely. Since I got no pc, I can't provide any detailed steps or any screenshots. All this steps based on my weak long terms memory... But, I'll try my best to remember everything.

[Unlock bootloader]
https://www.asus.com/my/Phone/Ze ... /HelpDesk_Download/

Download the official bootloader (under Utilities) from that link. Its an apk. Open that apk, accept everything and proceed.

Backup your data, before you unlock your bootloader. Unlocking bootloader will wipe data.

Unlock bootloader. After all the downgrade process has done, you can relock the bootloader back.

After the phone restart, shut down the phone and format again via recovery menu by pressing Power on + Volume down.

Then, just leave your phone turned off after done reformatting.

[Converting .dat files into .img]
*On the folder where you extracted the .dat to .img, double click on script.exe.
*‎you'll presented with a Command Prompt windows. This tools runs on windows command prompt environment.
*‎It shows all the availabe task.
*‎select .dat to .img
*‎starting from now, I can't give a proper step-by-step instructions.
*‎again...sorry...

After you completed this step, you'll see a new_system.img (or something like this with  a large filesize). Don't close this command prompt. We'll using it again.

Then, you're ready to flash/downgrade.

[Phone]
Turn on your zenfone by pressing VOLUME UP + power on. This will boot your phone into fastboot mode instead of recovery mode.

[Flashing]
*Plug in your device to pc.
*On the same Command prompt(.dat to .img tools), there will be an option like "flash boot.img" thing. Select this option.
*‎after that, you'll see an option like "flash new_system.img" thing. Select this option.

Done!

********Im not responsible for any damage***********
Props
ITA Level 4 | All posts
Danish.Afwan posted on 2018/4/10 07:08
BIG SORRY!
I'm sorry for the inconvenience....

Thank you bro. But i downgrade other solution i find video on ytube  
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum