Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Screen/ Touch] Zenfone 2 ghost touch (fix)

11493 8
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
well990 CAN Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 4.21 marshmallow
Frequency of Occurrence: 80% of the time
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: ZE551ML
Screenshot: -
zenfone 2 ghost touch, along top part of screen, can see the touches, when in camera mode, the only way to use the phone is to change to choose one hand mode in zen motion, and resize window pane so it's below the ghost touches, tried all the recomended fixes like tightening or loosening the screws on mid frame, didn't help, found by prying up the edge of the mother board and placing a folded piece of paper the size  of a toothpick width, and reattaching the mid frame, the ghost touches stopped, there must be enough flexing of the frame just slightly to cause this problem, poor workmanship on Asus, they should own up to this, and do a free repair to all, the people affected, by this

Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
is this fix working for you , and if so can you add a picture of your paper placement ? I have a new 2 that i just picked up at staples this week and it has a serious issue with the ghost touch, thanks
Props
well990 CAN Level 1 | All posts
sorry, don't have a picture, just take the 14 screws out, (tape a magnet to the screwdriver helps hold the screws), the mother board is under the copper tape you see, pry the bakelite board just a little bit, on the right hand side, enough to jam a folded piece of paper under, it make take several trys to get the right thickness, and replace the mid frame, tightening the screws, if I were you , I'd get a replacement phone from Staples, if you just got it
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Dear all,

If you have the ghost touch problem, please bring your device to the local service center for a check-up:
https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Sorry for any inconvenience
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
well , i am returning mine , i bought a second ZE551ML phone and it works fine , the first phone with the problem is running too hot and the heat just makes the problem worse , i really think that asus should extend the warranty time on these phones so that they can repair the issue , there are many people with this issue  , i have a ZE55KL zenfone4 and it works perfectly , so yes , asus can make a superior product.
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
I got a wifi problem over some apps. The app won't load anything from internet, like WA won't send or receive message until I clear running app and open it again. Facebook won't load and sometime very low load. But it happen just over wifi, on data cellular anything normal. Somebody can fix my problems?
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
darklog.euy posted on 2018/3/17 21:44
I got a wifi problem over some apps. The app won't load anything from internet, like WA won't send o ...

Hi darklog.euy,

Do you try with another wifi router?
Is your system version the latest one? 4.21.40.352?
Props
Eu também estou com esse Toque Fantasma. Só que fica no canto inferior direito. Estou vendo que é recorrente.
Props
TWN Level 1 | All posts
Thanks Well, it works perfect!! finally fix the problem!
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm