Release Note
ZenTalk

[News] Unlocking the potential of Zenfone 3's camera.

3020 9
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
gaurav92 IND Level 4 | All posts
I want everyone of you to see what I'm sharing today. I use Asus Zenfone 3 ZE520KL. We all know it has 16MP camera pretty much similar to One Plus 3. Zenfone houses Sony IMX 298 sensor with OIS/EIS and PDAF which is great but I had discovered that this camera can do even better . We also have IR sensor right above dual LED flash , this IR sensor (not IR blaster) is color correction sensor which senses color of object and try to make it look as it looks to our eyes. Despite having all these technologies in one phone we still lack quality of images taken using our Pixel Master camera app , let me show u how . Maybe you guys heard about Google camera app used in Google Pixel series and nexus , well that's the app but that app unlocks the real strength of camera of mid range and high end phones in today's market. That app is just for pixel and nexus phones but nowadays the app is being ported to Snapdragon 835/821/820 devices with "camera2api" package enabled either by rooting or OTA update. I had tried Google camera app on Zenfone 3 ZE520KL and it blew my senses away , the results I saw were so breathtaking. Well, the app is not stable as Zenfone 3 does not have "camera2api" enabled so the app tends to crash or some features might not work. But having Snapdragon 625 it was running well without any lag . I wanted to share results I had got by using the highly used "HDR+" function of Google camera app. For comparison purpose I had took similar snaps with Asus Pixel Master camera app having "HDR Pro" option turned on. Both pics are shot on same phone - Zenfone 3 ZE520KL. For testing I had shot red flower as red has always been difficult for cameras to capture detail plus I had took some snap with extreme lightning condition , sun is in the background of object as it leaves object in the dark due to light coming from behind. I'll have to test the camera more in outdoors . I just want you guys to know that this 16 MP sensor can do great , if Asus developers will enable "camera2api" for Zenfone 3. Alongside, Asus has already enabled it for their Zenfone 3 zoom which has same snapdragon 625 chip. I want Asus to prioritize this thing seriously. I admire Asus pixel master app as it offers bunch of features but still it can be better after what I saw how Google does. Since, Asus phones are more camera centric , they highly focus on camera. The tri-tech autofocus, OIS, EIS, laser assisted focusing system , IR sensor for color accuracy , etc is all best and no one offers that but somewhere Asus must still lacks , the pixel master app is over processing the image mostly. Colors are not accurate but more saturated and blown out , Noise reduction is worst even I can see noise in day light shots while Google camera reduces noise very well and increases sharpness and are so color accurate images are produced. One phone , 2 different camera apps but astonishing results ... below are photo samples (1st Pixel master sample then 2nd Google camera sample). I had posted the poll for enabling "camera2api", please participate in it so Asus could work on it.

For the comparison and to keep it fair and simple I had chosen/enabled HDR Pro in Pixel Master camera app while HDR+ for Google camera.. both samples are shot on 12 MP (16:9).
download_20180128_011718.jpg
IMG_GC_sample3.jpg
P_20180119_160521.jpg
IMG_20180119_160345.jpg
P_20180119_160218.jpg
IMG_20180119_155840.jpg
PM_sample2_HDR.jpg
IMG_GC_sample2.jpg
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Pics with PixelMaster camera is not good when compared with Google camera ..... Nice work keep it up
Props
IND Level 7 | All posts
Ooo...Awesome experiments bro. Carry on. It may be considered by ASUS. 
Props
RC_CREATURE posted on 2018/1/28 08:37
Ooo...Awesome experiments bro. Carry on. It may be considered by ASUS. 

Yes, but I hope Asus will take it into consideration.
Props
U camera lovers trying something great it would be awesome if Asus agrees and put an update the one captured on camera2api is superb
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
Nice post, I think this might be helpful for all of us users.
Props
vinaykumar711new posted on 2018/1/28 13:24
U camera lovers trying something great it would be awesome if Asus agrees and put an update the one  ...

Do u think Asus reads these posts ?
Props
gaurav92  posted on 2018/1/28 17:24
Do u think Asus reads these posts ?

They might read but it depends on Asus let's see what happens
Props
Pl try  this Gcam app without any "camer 2 api" on Asus zenphone 3Link:-http://www.mediafire.com/file/ov ... dfeats.com.apk/file
Props
CAN Level 1 | All posts
Zenfone 3 back camera takes blurry pictures. How to make use of 16mp as advertised?
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm