ZF Model: ZB570TL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: WW-14.02.1712.29
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.5Ghz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hello there,

I was testing the face unlock feature of the Zenfone Max Plus (M1).
When I was testing I noticed that the feature can work with a passport sized photo of my face.
This is a serious security problem if it goes unfixed as anyone can bypass the feature if they know where to place the photo to be scanned.

Besides that upon unlocking the phone with the face unlock feature the homepage is not shown immediately but the lock screen is still shown with the message "Use fingerprint,face or swipe to unlock. "  but if I swipe it will go to the homepage.
This doesn't happen with the fingerprint scanner which open the homepage upon successfull detection.
This will be misleading for normal users who won't be aware if their phone has been unlocked by the feature.

The feature  also works poorly with low light though that would be excused as it is an expected behaviour.

Please kindly look into the matter and if there's a fix for the problems mentioned I look forward to an update.

Thank you,
Arvind

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi  arvindvijayarooban,

Good day.
In which scenario did you encounter this problem?
It cannot unlock success if you test the face unlock feature in low light place. It's a normal situation.

Have you ever remove face data and create a new one?

Thank you.
Props
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2018/1/26 11:30
Hi  arvindvijayarooban,

Good day.

Hi, thanks for the reply.

As I mentioned in the post, I can override the face unlock using a passport sized photo shown infront of the phone. This is a big security problem.
Note: I am able to remove and add back a new face.

I have also mentioned that the face unlock feature doesn't show that the phone was successfully unlocked. If using the fingerprint it straight goes to the homepage yet it doesn't with face unlock.
I understand that the feature doesn't work well in low light.

There's another thing I will like to note regarding the fingerprint reader. After screen timeout, using the fingerprint reader to unlock. It takes longer to unlock with a black screen (no pages showing).  But if I unlock my phone using the fingerprint reader with the lock screen on, it is faster. Why is that so ?
Props
Hi arvindvijayarooban,

Good day.
I will test using a passport sized photo to the face unlock, and I will reply you tomorrow.

Thank you.
Props
Hi arvindvijayarooban,

Good day.
Is your firmware version on the latest WW-14.02.1801.38?
1.) using a passport sized photo to the face unlock problem,
>>  I have reported to our tech team.

2.) It's a normal situation. I would suggest you can post this suggestion on "Idea for Next".

3.)  the fingerprint reader to unlock slowly problem,
>> I cannot duplicate this problem.  Please kindly test it in safe mode for a check.
And I suggest you clean wipe the fingerprint reader.
If this problem still appears, please tell me How much time after screen timeout?

Thank you.
Props
Hi thank for your reply,

1. Alright, thanks for voicing my concern. Can I know regarding the lock screen, when using the face feature it doesn't go to the homepage immediately and still shows the message "Use fingerprint,face or swipe to unlock. " at the lock screen.

2. Yes, okay thanks for that suggestion.

3. it takes quite a time, not too long yet not as fast as expected. This issue might be due to the app that was timed out whilst using the phone. I  notice that I have to press my finger on the reader to really unlock the phone . I assume that the reader is not that sensitive.

Thank you
Props
Hi, In my ASUS Zenfone Max Pro face recognition feature is not working.

Thanks,
Prasad
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Hi I just bought my asus zenfone max pro m1 6gb variant and even once the face recognition hasnt worked for me. Please help
Props
I purchased Asus zenfone max pro m1 6gb and face recognition is not all working I tried in all lightning condition and also added my face data 2 3 time but to no success should I replace my phone or what 
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm