Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Service] Device in Qualcomm diagnostics mode

5800 7
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
AVR7Z3N IND Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by AVR7Z3N on 2017/11/23 16:13

Unlocked device, but in full stock 1708.56 with no modifications. Tried updating to 1709.68 via recovery but failed and device stuck at splash screen. Flashed raw firmware via Asus Flash Tool but failed. CRC check error. Tried again and again but failed to flash. Same error. Rebooted fastboot to try again but device went to downloading mode. Took phone to service center. In my PC, device was in Qualcomm diagnostics mode but Asus authorized service center says that device is dead, and doesn't show anything when connecting to PC. Brought the device back home, and it still connects to PC as Qualcomm HS USB Diagnostics 900E, and with deep flash cable and vol key combo, goes to 9008 mode. Device can be recovered by flashing image via QFIL, but files aren't made public, and service center won't do QFIL either. They want to loot me by replacing board at a cost 50% more than what a fresh unit costs here right now.
Need help.
Props
GBR Level 4 | All posts
Your phone is bricked. I suspect Asus will not fix it because it is unlocked.
Props
I know buddy. But I didn't ask it to be fixed under warranty or like that.
Props
I had a similar experience with my ZenFone 5 too. They would only replace board. Lucky for me, xfstk and files to flash were easy to find back then.
Props
wai.hon.leong posted on 2017/11/23 16:46
Your phone is bricked. I suspect Asus will not fix it because it is unlocked.

Any idea about where I could get the files to QFIL device??
Props
GBR Level 4 | All posts
AVR7Z3N posted on 2017/11/23 20:08
I know buddy. But I didn't ask it to be fixed under warranty or like that.

From what I had seen here in these forums, they will not fix unlocked phones, under warranty or not. From what I can see, you are saying that it is a soft brick, but their only fix is to replace the motherboard, which you have to pay for. I had never seen Asus attempting to fix any software problems.

As for your other questions, sorry, that is beyond what I know. Hopefully someone will come along and help you.
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi AVR7Z3N,

Please visit the service center.

http://www.asus.com/in/support/Service-Center/India
Props
MAX_ASUS posted on 2017/11/24 10:51
Hi AVR7Z3N,

Please visit the service center.

That I already did 3 days ago 😑😑😑 they would only replace motherboard, which is profitable and totally unnecessary for the issue I am facing. I did a chip level diagnostics of the device at a reputed shop just last day, and they've confirmed the motherboard has no issues at all. Service center just wanna loot me and my helplessness.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm