RAM: 6GB
Firmware/App Version: 5.15.44.2588
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
App Name: Camera
Screenshot:
Description: 13 mp is max so far..
Last edited by danesshvaran on 2017/11/12 22:17

Asus claimed that ZenFone 3 Deluxe had built-in  23mp megapixel camera. It was true when I checked with Pixelmaster app but when I checked with other third party apps such as Antutu and camera, it showed 13 mp as a maximum resolution. Asus can I know whether the camera is really 23mp resolution?

Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by Natebird on 2017/11/12 15:43

Why are you using an app when you can easily see it in the camera settings it says 23MP the reason why it shows 13MP is because it's the default setting other then that its 23MP , do some homework and you could easily find the answer 

Try this app https://play.google.com/store/ap ... ketsoftware.andInfo
Props
Hello danesshvaran
The SPEC of ZS570KL are as follows:

https://www.asus.com/Phone/ZenFone-3-Deluxe-ZS570KL/Tech-Specs/
380.JPG

Thank you
Props
danesshvaran USA Level 2 | All posts
Last edited by danesshvaran on 2017/11/15 08:03

Natebird I appreciate your reply but when I use the famous B612 app, it showed the front camera's megapixel correctly which is 8 MP. My question is why other apps can't recognise the latest Sony's imx 318 sensor which is 23 MP and just shows 13 MP as the maximum resolution not even 16 MP for it. Is this software limitation? Sorry if I were aggressive to you...
Props
GBR Level 4 | All posts
Natebird posted on 2017/11/13 02:15
Why are you using an app when you can easily see it in the camera settings it says 23MP the reason w ...

Not true, there are some phones with cameras that upscale the resolution (i.e. 13MP to 16MP). So in the camera app one can set to shoot photos at 16MP but the sensor is only 13MP. An app may, in some cases, identify the true capability of the sensor.

I am not sure what it going on in this case, may need to carry out more tests with different apps.
Props
MYS Level 6 | All posts
danesshvaran posted on 2017/11/15 07:59
Natebird I appreciate your reply but when I use the famous B612 app, it showed the front camera's me ...

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Exmor

Those 3rd party apps doesn't support Camera2 API.

If you really want to use 3rd party app camera with Camera2 API, go and search OnePlus Camera on XDA Developers website.
Props
Hmm.... actually this issue was not only in this phone but happened on galaxy s6 edge too
Props
MYS Level 6 | All posts
danesshvaran posted on 2017/11/17 00:10
Hmm.... actually this issue was not only in this phone but happened on galaxy s6 edge too

Starting from Android L, Camera2 API has implemented. Try downloading 3rd party apps with Camera2 API.  
Props
MYS Level 6 | All posts
danesshvaran posted on 2017/11/17 00:10

A XDA Contributor (Android-Andi) forked this Camera from LineageOS. Install this camera and enable Camera2 API in the settings and you can fully utilize the camera resolution.

Download it here: Snap_6 (LineageOS).rar (6.61 MB, Downloads: 25)
Props
Gee, thanks a lot for sharing ....
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm