Release Note
ZenTalk

[Share] How I Easily Download YouTube Videos in My Smartphone

996 2
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
As we all know, there are many ways to download YouTube videos. But let me share the one which IMO is by far the easiest. And I do this using an app called arkTube, developed by an XDA recognized developer arter97.

What I Need to Know Before Using the App?

IMPORTANT: I do not solicit the readers to go against the terms of YouTube and the owner of the videos. You can read the full Terms of Service of YouTube here. Here's also a good video by Video Creators explaining it.

I Can't Find it in Google Play Store! How to Download the App?

DISCLAIMER: Google DOES NOT allow YouTube downloaders in Play Store. To download arkTube, go to http://arter97.com/browse/arktube/ and download the latest version. In order to install it, you first need to go to Settings - Security - turn on Unknown sources. By doing so, you agree that "you are solely responsible for any damage to your device or loss of data that may result using these apps".

An Overview of arkTube

arter97's post in XDA Developers Forum provides a concise information about the app:

Features:
  • Supports downloading ALL resolutions including 1080p, 1440p, 4K and 8K [1]
  • Supports downloading audio [1]
  • Supports downloading playlists [1]
  • Download accelerator support [1]
  • Automatically merges thumbnail (artwork), tags and other metadata when downloading audio
  • Provides option to merge metadata to videodownloads [1]
  • Supports downloading videos as VP9 format [1]
  • Supports downloading audio as Vorbis / Opuscodec [1]
  • Supports downloading 50fps / 60fps
  • Supports resuming paused downloads
[1] These features require additional donation package to be installed

Powerful Engine:
  • arkTube uses one of the most actively developed open-source project in the world: youtube-dl
  • Supports downloading all options
  • Optimized downloader for faster downloads
  • Download without any loss to quality
  • Consistently updated for best compatibility

Screenshots:

1.png 2.png 3.png 4.png 5.png 6.png 7.png 8.png

I've Installed the App. Now, How to Use it?

Using arkTube is as easy as 1-2-3:
  • Use Google's YouTube app and select a video
  • Select the share button (arrow) on the top right corner and choose arkTube (video or audio). For video, wait for the prompt and select desired resolution for video.
  • Use a separate video player and watch the downloaded video.

Just the other night, I used arkTube to download a whole playlist of pre-beginner Piano Video Lesson.

I used arkTube to download whole playlist of pre-beginner piano lesson the other night.

I used arkTube to download whole playlist of pre-beginner piano lesson the other night.

So there you have it. arkTube is free of charge, but you can unlock advanced settings by donating.

Hope you find this post useful. So long!

Current: ZenFone 5Z ZS620KL
Former: ZenFone 5 ZE620KL, ZenFone 4 ZE554KL, ZenFone 3 Zoom ZE553KL, ZenFone 2 ZE551ML, ZenFone 5 Lite (2014)
IG: @intothephotosheart
Twitter: @lynnellneri
Props
PHL Dr.Zen(PH) | All posts
wow! this is very helpful thank you for this sir lynnellemmanuel
Props
POL Level 1 | All posts
Add this method to download YouTube playlist: Fast and Free Method to Download YouTube Playlist Videos
It can help you to download videos from youtube in batches to save more time.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm