Release Note
ZenTalk

[Other] solution for screen flickering

8814 6
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
vaibhavnarain IND Level 5 | All posts
Screenshot_20170625-171902.jpg

This happens when your phone cannot choose between CPU and GPU for drawing overlays.

please try a potential fix to the problem:
1)Go to settings->About->Software Information->Tap build number 6 times quickly to enable "Developer Options".

Now,Open settings->Open "Developer Options"
go to "Hardware accelerated rendering" and select "Disable HW overlays".

Your screen will stop flickering.
2)Clear Partition Cache->
1. Switch off the phone by pressing the power button. It will show menu option to turn power off.
2. Press and hold power + volume up button . After it buzzes/vibrates ,then leave the buttons.
3. It will boot into bootloader mode. You will get option to select Recovery mode by using the Volume rockers. Select it by using the power button.
4. Then the phone will reboot and show error written with Android icon lying belly up. When you see that press and hold power button and press and release volume up button.
5. It will enter the recovery mode successfully and show several options.
6. You will get option to wipe partition cache. Use the volume rockers to move to that option.Select it by pressing the power button.It may take 10 mins to wipe it fully.
7. It will come back to the menu . Select reboot
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Thanks for sharing, If possible you can make a video with live example.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
By doing these steps, will this remove all the installed app and saved files from the phone?
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
By doing these steps, will it wipe all data from the device? I mean, like the installed apps and saved files?
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Done it several times, but to no avail. Screen flickerings got worse occupying the whole screen, wherein before it was only about a couple of inches in the middle, vertically.

WHY IS ASUS PLAYING DUMB, BLIND, DEAF AND UNCARING ON THIS FRUSTRATING ISSUE ???
Props
Hi friends,this issue also in my device before 6 month,
Then I'm going to service center and Replace DISPLAY .

Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
I have tried all the fixes provided above but did not resolve the problem. 
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm