ZenTalk

12Next

[Recommend App] Power Master App : Review and highlights

6575 12
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
Zen_Aakash IND Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Zen_Aakash on 2017/6/15 17:39

ASUS Max user's might have received an update & after the update you will see a new App on your device, the Power Master App. Now the confusion is the ASUS Max device already has an App called Asus Mobile Manager so why do we need another App possible doing the same thing. So today I will be showing you why Power Master App is required for all the ASUS Max user's what add ons does it brings & why it's useful when you already have Asus Mobile Manager App.

Starting off I will list out all the options available on App homescreen:

Screenshot_20170615-173800.jpg

1. 2x Lifespan
2. Reverse charging
3. Scan
4. Auto-start manager
5. Battery modes
6. Boost
7. Power-safe technology
8. Battery-saving options
9. Battery usage

So let's see what does these individual options exactly do & also few might be repitive for many but getting a refresh is no harm.

1. 2x Lifespan

Screenshot_20170615-173802.jpg

As you can read from the image this option helps the battery to charge at a low voltage helping to increase the battery age & that will indeed help user's because you don't need to worry the battery life cycle as this process will slow down & your device battery age will increase. As you all know more the heat, the battery takes more stress as a result the battery age reduces & you need to change the battery as it looses the power to hold the charge, 2x lifespan is a great software optimization made so that the battery takes less stress.

2. Reverse charging

Screenshot_20170615-173811.jpg

What if you can not only have a tremendous battery life with ASUS Max but can also use your device to charge a secondary device, that's made possible with the reverse charging technology. Just follow the steps as mentioned under the option & you can easily charge the secondary device without worry, though the charging time will be very slow but charging your device on the go is an easy innovation only made possible by Asus.

3. Scan

Screenshot_20170615-173820.jpg

As the name suggests this option scans your device on your behalf so that you dont need to check what service or App's is consuming your device battery or a service which causing lag. The option provides range of options to check & you can make necessary changes as per your need.

4. Auto-start Manager

Screenshot_20170615-173824.jpg

This option is not new among the ASUS users this option is the basic applicaiton which comes when you buy ASUS. Auto start manager is a helpful app wherein you can deny or enable any app. An App can run in background & can consume data, reduce speed or activity, can show you different useless notification which you might not require. Sometimes we do go to running Apps section & close apps individually or any service & we may end a system App which was not supposed to be stopped. You can even find this option under Asus Mobile Manager.

5. Battery Modes

Screenshot_20170615-173827.jpg

Battery modes is a very useful option where in you can change the modes as per your need & the mode really changes the device working resulting in efficiency or performance whatever has been selected at a given point of time. Basically this mode has Performace, Normal, Power saving, super saving & customized mode. For detailed review you can refer my previous article here : Mobile Manager : Power Saver Benchmarking

6. Boost

2016-11-30_113033.jpg

This option is nothing but a simple cleaning option where in all the running App's & services are closed which system doesn't require or any App's which needs to be closed so that the system again gets a refresh & works smoothly. Boost doesn't affects any important app which you may be using, You can also customize this option through Asus Mobile Manager & select Apps which you dont want to get forcibly closed when boosting.

7. Power safe technology

Screenshot_20170615-173842.jpg

As you can see we have 8 options listed under Power-safe technology, the App check all the protection applied to the phone for better safety of the device & also 5000mah battery is way to much the device equips so for safety Asus provides Software & hardware combination. Short circuit protection protects the device from any unknown wall socket current issues. OVP/UVP is where the device is protected from any over or under voltage scenarios that may arise. All the protection listed is made possible so that the user experience is further enhanced without any issues.

8. Battery-saving options

Screenshot_20170615-173854.jpg

Battery saving options are kind of similar to scan, but provides one tap support for quick settings & also tweak a few settings so that the user experience is further enhanced & also the settings can be made so that you are notified & actions can be taken on a single tap.

9. Battery Usage

Screenshot_20170615-173900.jpg

This takes you straight into the Battery usage pattern & also shows you all the key important elements of the phone & you can verify all the key usage with a sorted view. The most important page where you see Network behavior, draining pattern useful for analysis.

As this is a new App it will take some time for the user to get used to it & tweak further. Also I am using this App with ASUS 3s Max with Android N update seems alot helpful. You can share your feedback on the App & the above listed option I would be pleased to know your valuable feedback.

Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
After 13.8.26.98 update on my ZC550KL 3GB/32GB SD615 charging time reduced, but fast battery draining issue arised, I have reset my device but problem is same, all ASUS Max user facing this issue after last update, please fix it as soon as possible
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Bishnu_SP posted on 2017/6/15 19:18
After 13.8.26.98 update on my ZC550KL 3GB/32GB SD615 charging time reduced, but fast battery drainin ...

You can try wiping cache partition 3-4 times. It may help..
Props
IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Great share zen_akash.. Really helpful for those who still don't know what to do with the new app.
Props
suraj0606 posted on 2017/6/15 19:49
Great share zen_akash.. Really helpful for those who still don't know what to do with the new app.

Thanks Mate.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Does this app is also available for ASUS Zenfone 3 ZE520KL? and if yes, from where can I install it?

Thanks in advance.
Kunj
Props
kunjvadgama posted on 2017/6/17 23:00
Does this app is also available for ASUS 3 ZE520KL? and if yes, from where can I install it? ...

This App is limited to ASUS Max series.

Also you can use Asus Mobile Manager to get battery saving & performance options.
Props
IND Level 2 | All posts
I am using ASUS max pro m1, is there any alternative app to disable reverse charging while using OTG cable?
Props
What is difference between the Pawar Master app and Mobile Manager app ??????
Props
After Factory data reset ,is necessary to do Battery Calibration process ??.
Bcoz I'm done factory reset every 2 months for hanging issue.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm