ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE601KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 21.40.1220.1998
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: Jio
Screenshot:
I have seen the last posts of the forum where it has ben mentioned that ZE601KL wont get a VOLTE update inspite of having capable hardware configurations. I have come across a video in Youtube(link: https://youtu.be/k3iVK-bHQXs) which states that you can get VOLTE in devices with the baseband version _160802. ZE601KL has this baseband but the device used in the video has 1877 build number opposed to 1998 in the ZE601KL. So my question is if we follow the instructions in the video can we get the VOLTE update by using fastboot flash modem volte.img or we will end up bricking our device because of the mismatching build number. Also if there is any problem will the service centre tend to it as my phone is still in WARRANTY. Also the VOLTE option is being showed in hte settings but cant access VOLTE. Very weird indeed.

Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Rajarshid,

As there is no update release officially, the device might get bricked if you follow the instructions in the video.
Props
RajarshiD IND Level 1 | All posts
If my phone gets bricked, the service center will tend to it right as I am still in warranty and I am not rooting my device. 
Props
RajarshiD IND Level 1 | All posts
MAX_ASUS posted on 2017/5/24 09:12
Hi Rajarshid,

As there is no update release officially, the device might get bricked if you follow  ...

Please do reply to my comment about warranty
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Rajarshid,

Asus will not be responsible if the device gets bricked.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm