Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Power/Battery] Maximum charging power input a Zenfone 3 ZE520KL can receive and handle.

12319 7
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
RavenAii TWN Level 2 | All posts
ZenFone 3 Bug Report
Model: ZE552KL
RAM: 3GB
Firmware/App Version: WW_13.20.10.152_20161222
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.0GHz
Rooted: No
App Name: Power Adapter
Screenshot: -
Description: Maximum charging power input a Zenfone 3 ZE520KL can receive.
Last edited by RavenAii on 2017/4/8 04:22

So I bought this Zenfone 3 in Sapphire Black version a few days ago and yes it is a really great phone with great build quality. I really love it. The only thing that turns me off is that the accessories came bundled with it is in White Colour and no Quick Charge even though the Chipset, a Snapdragon 625 supports it, like, why?

Anyway talking about accessory one of it is the Wall Charger with USB Type-C cable that have an output of 5V-2A which I read in the internet is equivalent to 10W, which is also not a Quick Charge adapter.

So the real question is, what is the maximum power output that a Zenfone 3 ZE520KL can receive without breaking apart?

I know that we should charge our phones with the  bundled adapter, but a third-party adapter with bigger output and supports Quick Charge really getting on my nerves! I'm just afraid that it would damage the phone and fried the board, as what some Anker's USB Type-C have done last year.
ZenFone 5 Dual 1.6GHz 16GB + 2GB (28/03/2015)
ZenFone 3 Octa 2.0GHz 64GB + 4GB (03/04/2017)
Props
MYS Level 6 | All posts
Bro, the maximum input for the ZenFone 3 is 5V 2A 10W. By using the formula P=IV *(10W=5V × 2A) You can refer to the sticker that has been sticked at the back of the ZenFone 3.If you use the higher wattage (W) of the charger, you may fry the motherboard.

Last 2 years, I tried to charge my ZenFone 5 using 9V 1.6±A (Samsung Adaptive Fast Charger). After some time, my phone charges super slow (takes around 7-8 hours) to fully charge. After that, I checked my micro USB port and I found out that the port is burnt.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi RavenAii,

I would suggest only use the bundled adapter to charger your phone.

Power Adapter
Output: 5V 2A 10W

Thanks
Props
GRC Level 1 | All posts
As I have posted on a previous post before ...
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-135547-1-1.html

The thing is... how long till my battery will be completely destroyed???

I suggest to stick with the original charger that came with the box, as have I.

I would also like to express my disappointment.
Fast Charge is something default in todays phones.
I really cant understand the reason why ASUS didnt include it...
Props
FYJ_ASUS posted on 2017/4/7 11:38
Hi RavenAii,

I would suggest only use the bundled adapter to charger your phone.

So the Zenfone 3 doesn't support fast charging? Okay then...

Props
acrobatis7 posted on 2017/4/7 12:11
As I have posted on a previous post before ...
https://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-135547-1-1.html

Yep me too. Also not to mention, the data transfer rate between a phone and a pc/laptop is only clock at USB 2.0 speed, not the latest USB 3.0 speed that a USB Type-C 3.1 can support. No fast charging, no USB 3.0 speed, it's really sad though ASUS didn't utilize and provide such great features.

Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Last edited by Yrs on 2017/4/7 23:09

Brother it support quick charge 2 
5v 2amp 
Regular charge is only 5v 1amp 
Your phone charge  half in half time at this quick charge2 
Quick charge3 can even more fast but there is some limitations on battery side  which make for limited rate of charge. 
You can try another branded charger but current limited at 2amp on kernel codes
So it can't go above 2 amp 
Better use stock data cable for good life of port 
Props
Yrs posted on 2017/4/8 01:36
Brother it support quick charge 2 
5v 2amp 
Regular charge is only 5v 1amp 

Yup the adapter for ZE520KL is amongst the Quick Charge 2.0 but only rated at 5V 2A with 10W of power. I'm a bit confused though a similarly specced Zenfone 3 Deluxe ZS550KL had the same Chipset of Snapdragon 625 that the Zenfone 3 ZE520KL/ZE552KL have, but are bundled with a Quick Charge 3.0 rated at 9V 2A equivalent to 18W of power output to charge the ZS550KL.

Yes again, we really should charge our phones with the adapters that came with the phone, but would it damage a ZE520KL/ZE552KL if ones charge it with ZS550KL adapter?
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm