Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [Power/Battery] Charging and battery problem / bug.

9932 6
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
jon21292 PHL Level 1 | All posts
ZenFone 3 Bug Report
Model: ZE520KL
RAM: 3GB
Firmware/App Version: version 1.7.17.1_170124
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
App Name: System UI
Screenshot:
Description: System UI notification even when not charging.
Last edited by jon21292 on 2017/3/31 23:14

Good day.
I own a Zenfone 3 ZE552KL running at 7 Nougat and unrooted. The "System UI" always notify me that a high temperature of device is detected (as shown in the screenshots). Even when the device is not even noticeably hot and even when I'm not charging. As of this time, the phone won't charge when the phone is turned on. You have to completely turn the device off to charge, which is not convenient. I have a screenshot of a temperature readings of my device using CPU-Z and notice the "chg_temp" is noticeably high, even I'm not charging at the moment. Other s says that the electronics of the battery is broken, specifically the thermistor that sends signal about the charging temperature. I think it disables the charging mechanism when it detects the high temperature.
Can anyone help me somewhat solve the problem. Either by reconfiguring the system about this "chg_temp" by adjusting its limits or by simply disabling it. I cannot readily replace the battery since it's not already available in our country for purchase.
Please help me. Thanks everyone.

chg_temp

chg_temp

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi  jon21292.

Good day.
Is your system version on 14.2015.1701.13?
If yes, please kindly try to update all about of zen ui apps from play store.
Then the problem still persists, please kindly  show me your system UI version.
Do you remember when this issue started happened? How frequency does this problem occur ?

Thanks.
Props
jon21292 PHL Level 1 | All posts
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2017/4/6 00:25
Hi  jon21292.

Good day.

Thanks for the reply.

The issue has gotten worse. Previously, the phone doesnt charge when the System UI notification appears, just like I have showed before. But the LED charging is on and even the battery bar display shows that it is charging (it just wont increase the battery percentage). It sometimes charges when the notification is not present.

Now, when the phone is turned on and I plugged in the charger, the phone doesnt recognize that it is charging (that means that the LED charging is not lit and the Charging notification on the battery display does not show that it is charging). But when I turn off the device, the charging goes normal (the charging LED is lit and the the screen shows the battery is filling/charging).

What is probably the problem here? Is it the battery itself, or just the DC Power PCB (bottom circuit board) of thr unit? or just a software issue (bugs/virus)?
The unit is now updated up to latest system update 14.2020.1703.28.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
jon21292 posted on 2017/5/4 14:23
Thanks for the reply.

The issue has gotten worse. Previously, the phone doesnt charge when the Sy ...

Hi jon21292,

Good day,
Did this problem still occur on the latest version?
if problem still persists, i would suggest you go to local service center for a check.

sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
http://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
Props
I have this exact same problem. Model number ASUS_z012dc, updated system 14.2020.1703.28
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Been noticing this kind of UI Info Warning. It's kinda annoying. Can't charge the phone while turn on.
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
I don't have this issue. I never get a warning. I have used it while charging. I still don't get the message.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm