ZenFone 3 Bug Report
Model: ZE520KL
RAM: 3GB
Firmware/App Version: Android Nougat 7
Frequency of Occurrence: -
Rooted: No
App Name: WIFI tethering & USB storage
Screenshot: -
Description: After first update to Android nougat 7, the WiFi tethering is not working anymore, after second update, USB storage when connecting to PC not working anymore.
For WiFi tethering, the PC wifi will connect but no internet, tried everything like new access point and new wifi access point setup but nothing work.
For USB storage, the PC simple is not seeing any storage connected.

Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi  optimistic,

Good day.
For WiFi USB  tethering problem,
Do you use original type C to connected with PC? please try to connect with another PC for reconfirming.
I try to test my  ZE552KL (on version 14.2015.1701.13) and use original type C to connected with NB (W7). I do not find this issue.

For USB storage problem,
Do you mean PC cannot recognize your phone?  Is there any error message pop on screen ?
Is the android system pop on a window for choose " Use USB to" ? (please kindly refer below screenshot)
Please kindly reboot your phone  and  also to connect with another PC for reconfirming.

Thanks.
Screenshot_20170324-173346.jpg
Props
optimistic PRT Level 1 | All posts
Hi, please be aware that I reported wifi tethering not usb tethering. For usb storage, the pc didn't show anything when switch to " Transfer files " mode but everything else is working. These problems only happened after the first and second update to Android 7.
Props
Last edited by optimistic on 2017/3/25 22:42

Now usb storage works, it was from the driver in window 10, by the way, There is no way to connect usb tethering or any kind of tethreing of ZenFone 3 to any operation system after Android 7 update.
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi optimistic,

Thanks for your reply.
sorry for my misunderstanding.
please kindly show me your sim card carrier.
and I have inboxed you, please check it. : )

Thanks.
Props
Last edited by optimistic on 2017/4/3 10:28

Hi, it is not related to the sim card, the internet works fine on the phone, as well as, I tried to tether the internet using different sim card, but the problem is the same. The pc show DNS problem.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. after I searched on the net, I found many people reported the same problem after update of Android 7 on Asus ZenFone 3 or another brand.
Props

Hi, it is not related to the sim card, the internet works fine on the phone, as well as, I tried to tether the internet using different sim card, but the problem is the same. The pc show DNS problem.
DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NO_INTERNET. after I searched on the net, I found many people reported the same problem after update of Android 7 on Asus ZenFone 3 or another brand.
Props

Props
Last edited by optimistic on 2017/4/3 10:29
Emilee_ASUS posted on 2017/3/29 10:14
Hi optimistic,

Thanks for your reply.
Props
USA Level 5 | All posts
optimistic posted on 2017/4/1 19:54
Hi, it is not related to the sim card, the internet works fine on the phone, as well as, I have tr ...

Not me. I don't have this issue at all. As for the USB-PC issue, I don't have that at all. It shows up.
Props
123Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm