Model: ZE551ML
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: 5.0
Frequency of Occurrence: 2.3
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Last edited by zenfans_1D0K on 2017/3/19 21:51

Hello!For quite a long time now I had my SIM in the second slot randomly disconnect, but it either connected back after some time or it got always fixed after inserting the SIM card again. A few days ago I had one of these random disconnects, but this time I couldn't get it to work. I tried inserting the SIM card multiple times, switching it with the other SIM... but the SIM in slot 2 just didn't work. This is very annoying as I use one SIM for calls/SMS and the other one to access the internet. Now I have to switch them all the time because slot 2 doesn't work. Any ideas what could I try or what went wrong? I am pretty desperate, so any suggestions are more than welcome.
Thanks for reading!

Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
HI Just check under the dual SIM setting if accidently your second SIM slot got disabled or something. If It's all ok then you better be visit Asus service centre located nearby.
Props
ITA Level 2 | All posts
try put a slice of paper or tape on the sim to tight the insert
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi  zenfans_1D0K,

A local service center would be suggested here:

https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/

Sorry for any inconvenience
Props
zenfans_1D0K SVK Level 1 | All posts
DYK  posted on 2017/3/20 05:50
HI Just check under the dual SIM setting if accidently your second SIM slot got disabled or somethin ...

Thanks for a reply, but it says "Not installed", so that isn't the problem.
Props
saalmoz posted on 2017/3/20 07:50
try put a slice of paper or tape on the sim to tight the insert

Thanks for replying, I tried putting some paper in, but it doesn't detect the SIM at all. I even tried pushing it in different ways to the slot for a few seconds, but I can't get my phone to recognize it at all.
Props
FYJ_ASUS posted on 2017/3/20 09:44
Hi  zenfans_1D0K,

A local service center would be suggested here:

Thanks for replying, I think I will need to get in touch with Asus.
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
zenfans_1D0K posted on 2017/3/20 19:21
Thanks for replying, I think I will need to get in touch with Asus.

DONT DO TAT UNLESS N UNTIL UR IN WARRENTY  i faced same issue bro went service centre n guess what silly solution they always hunt for money asked me to change motherboard which is nt affordable after warrenty to change it

So gave last move to local repair outsider shop n guess what he did work fr me in just a day he changed a sim tray strips fr both sim slots n everythng started workng again now m happy bought my phone home yesterday

He said my sim slot had a short in the circuite he changed whole of it n my problem resolved with new slots

I THINK U SHOULD TRY THIS INSTEAD OF SERVICE CENTRE THEY ALWAYS FOOL CUSTOMERS TO ASK CHANGING MOTHERBORD FOR ANY ISUEE WITHOUT DETECTING PROBLEM I GUESS SILLY ASUS LOOTING CUSTOMERS
Props
DEU Level 1 | All posts
good idea, the sim slot is very cheap, on ebay it will cost only 4€
Props
FJI Level 1 | All posts
Since 2 days it doesn't work for me. It is a hardware problem ! Because the simcard slides into the support! My phone is only 6 months old ! The only thing that I've done was to change the simcard. And since then the support cannot hold the simcard!  
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm