ZenTalk
12Next

[Share] Battery Calibration

8780 15
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
gjmsds112510 PHL Dr.Zen | All posts
Last edited by gjmsds112510 on 2017/2/21 13:20

Some of us are maybe wondering how battery calibration works with our ZenFones?
How this works with my Zenfone 5, Zenfone Selfie and my Zenfone 3 5.2 or to any smartphones in general.

So let us define what battery calibration is really all about?

The Android operating system has a feature called the Battery Stats, which keeps track of battery capacity, when it is full or empty. The problem is that sometimes it becomes corrupted and starts displaying incorrect data that sometimes causes the phone to turn off before its battery level reaches to 0%. This is where you will know that calibrating your android battery simply means getting your Android OS to correct and show what your actual battery level really is.

And to be able to do that, here are some of the ways you can try to calibrate your battery.

• First charge your Zenfone to 100% while it's ON, until the LED turns green or yellow.
  • Then, unplug the charger from your Zenfone. Turn it off and charge it again up to 100 % while its power is in OFF state, and wait until the LED light turns green or yellow.
  • Next is unplug the charger from your phone again. Power it ON wait until the phone has booted completely, then charge it again to 100% while the phone is ON until its full or its LED turns green or yellow.

Once you've done this, you're battery is now calibrated and should be reflecting its correct battery levels after.

ZenFone5
ZenFoneSelfie
Zenfone3 ZE520KL
Zenfone4Selfie
Zenfone5_ZE620KL
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Is any trouble charging ZenFone 2 charging 100percent regular,most of people say not charge to full allow 80percent for avoiding battery life span goes rapidly?
Props
Nice information Dr. Love! This would help keeping the battery of our Zenfones in good state
Props
Nice information Dr. Love! This would help keeping the battery of our Zenfones in good state
Props
hideki elixir posted on 2017/10/18 17:53
{:8_221 ...

Thanks doc Joel!   🔋🔋
Props
Sandsat  posted on 2017/10/18 10:48
Is any trouble charging ZenFone 2 charging 100percent regular,most of people say not charge to full  ...

Not really however if you want to lenghten your battery life it gelps not to charge them to 100%all the time.
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
Why my phone automatically shut downs even it is above 50%. It always happen
Props
johnmontiano8 posted on 2018/5/18 01:39
Why my phone automatically shut downs even it is above 50%. It always happen

What zenfone model do you have?
Props
PHL Level 1 | All posts
My zenfone 4 max is fast lowbat . if when i sleep at example 79% before i sleep and when i was wake up in the morning my battery goes in 50% why??
Props
vixiyav posted on 2018/5/27 06:23
My zenfone 4 max is fast lowbat . if when i sleep at example 79% before i sleep and when i was wake  ...

There is a chance of some open apps running in the background, weak network signal, weak wifi, and or some auto sync settings..updating apps.

Have you tried checking batt usage graph yet to know which app consumes a lot of power maybe?
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm