Release Note
ZenTalk

[Share] How to connect Wired Controller without Root on Zenfones.

4696 7
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
frias.erlwin PHL Dr.Zen(PH) | All posts
sony-sixaxis.jpg

Some of you might be wondering why go for a wired one if there is a bluetooth controller? I know that there are ton of bluetooth controllers on the market but we all know that they are bit expensive compared to the wired one. The only problem with wired controllers is you need to root your phone to be able to connect and use it.

But this article will show you on how to connect your wired controller to your Zenfone without rooting your phone.
Bonus information: You can get a class A PS3 wired controller at CD-R King for only 300+ pesos (cheapest controller I know).
You can also use your PS3 controller if you have a PS3. So if you are planning to get a controller to maximize your gaming but you’re on a budget then this article is for you.

Okay let’s start.

1. You are going to need an USB OTG cable to connect the wire into your phone. If you don’t have one, you can get a USB OTG cable for only 30 pesos at CD-R King (cheap right? )
2. You need to install an app called SixAxis Enabler but take note that it is not free. You need to buy it at Playstore for 109 pesos.
3. After installing the app, open it and it will show you a tutorial on how to connect your sixaxis controller into your phone.
3.1 It will ask you to connect your phone using an USB OTG cable.
3.2 After connecting, you will need to tap the ‘Enabled Sixaxis’ button on the app.
3.3 After tapping the Enabled Sixaxis button in the app, you need to tap the PS button on your controller (or P3 button if you are using the CD-R King PS3 class A controller)
3.4 Now wait until the LED 1 in your controller turn on, and voila your controller is now connected to your phone.

If the above steps didn’t work, there is a tutorial on how to fix it in the app itself.

Screenshot_20170214-181642.jpg

And that’s it! You can now maximize your gaming for only 450 pesos only (if you are going to get the class A controller) And for those who have a PS3, you can now use your PS3 controller without rooting your phone.

Props
PHL Dr.Zen | All posts
Nice share Doc EF for this helpful posts.
Props
PHL Level 5 | All posts

i tried downloading sixaxis enabler before but it requres a rooted phone
Props
jieyu20 posted on 2017/2/16 20:41
i tried downloading sixaxis enabler before but it requres a rooted phone

Maybe you downloaded the wrong one. Sixaxis Enabler from Locnet does not required root. Here is the app.
Screenshot_20170217-193151.jpg
Props
gjmsds112510 posted on 2017/2/16 03:50
Nice share Doc EF for this helpful posts.

Thanks Doc Love                
Props
PHL Level 5 | All posts
thanks sir...ill try this one..coz I tried downloading on other website since the one at playstore is a paid app
Props
PHL Level 3 | All posts
yeah uuh,  careful with these babies.  otg controllers are one of my suspects that killed my tablet and zen6.  I used otg xbox360 on both extensively.  My nexus 7 got a fried charging port and zen6 also got major electrical problems.  

I've stuck with bluetooths now for the zen3.
Props
COL Level 1 | All posts
Los puertos OTG del equipo están diseñados para mouses,teclados o memorias/hdds. debido a la capacidad de corriente que manejan los puertos, existen ciertos equipos que no van a permitir el correcto funcionamiento cuando se conectan por este puerto. No se da garantía que todos los dispositivos vayan a funcionar correctamente. como solución puede comprar un gamepad bluetooth que si viene fabricado para ser usado con los celulares ASUS pero utilizando el protocolo bluetooth
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm