ZenFone2 Bug Report
Model: ZE550KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: 21.40.1120.1943
Frequency of Occurrence: 21.40.1120.1943
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: MM
Screenshot: -

ASUS 2, 3 series gets Android Nougat update?

Going by the previous release pattern, Asus is likely to keep off— mid-range (ASUS 2 Selfie) and budget (ASUS 2 Laser and Max (1st gen)) models from Android Nougat release plans and try to include only the high-end ASUS 2 series phones-- ZE551ML and ZE550ML and the company's most expensive phone-- ASUS Zoom (ZX551ML).

Other Asus which are most likely to get to taste the Google's new sugar treat flavoured OS are the newly unveiled ASUS 3, ASUS 3 Deluxe and ASUS 3 Ultra.

Even the 2016 series ASUS Max (ZC550KL), which was released in India in May, is also expected to get the Android Nougat, as it is the best selling model for Asus in India.

That being said, Asus will take its own sweet time to make Android Nougat available to the aforementioned ASUS devices.

Also read: Android Nougat release: When will Moto G4, Moto Z, Moto X series get the new Android 7.0 update?

Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
I'm still waiting for marshmallow update for ze551ml
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hi Pritesh,

We have no official confirmation on Android N.
Props
Why not ZenFone 2 laser? It is also one of the bestselling models
Props
IND Level 4 | All posts
Are you kidding that zenfones on intel soc's will get android n update? even they haven't got the proper Android m update as intel has stopped support for its mobile processors and stopped the manufacturing.
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
Currently there is zenfone 3 betatesting ongoing
For android N
Props
IND Level 5 | All posts
I don't need anymore updates but if we get nougat, its still gonna be a great device, if we don't... still wont matter
Props
I don't want Nougat, a good os update with Marshmallow is enough 
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
:lol
Props
RUS Level 5 | All posts
we have in Russia still a firmware of 1877 (a security arrangement generally of September 5, 2016) =) and other strange already received 1966... I hope that we will receive a new firmware soon: (p.s: it is a pity there is no testing the android 7 for zenfone 2 laser; (
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm