Release Note
ZenTalk

12Next

[Experience Sharing] Steps to Cache wipe and Factory Reset for ZE550ML / ZE551ML / ZE500CL

28597 11
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
JSJTecHSurfeR IND Beta Tester | All posts
Last edited by JSJTecHSurfeR on 2015/6/18 18:37

These are the steps for cache wipe and factory reset.

How to do hardware reset on your phone?

The steps of performing a hardware reset may vary from different models. Please see some examples below.

Note:
        1. All data stored on your phone will be deleted after reset.
        2. Before performing a reset, please ensure the battery life higher than 15%, or charge the phone during reset process.

ZE550ML / ZE551ML
        1. When device is off, press (also hold) volume up key and then press (also hold) power key.
        After the device vibrates, release power key (keep holding volume up key) to enter Fastboot mode.
        2. Select "RECOVERY MODE" by "volume down key" (or "volume up key"), and then press "power key" to confirm.

3. You will see this on your screen after device reboots.
        Press (also hold) power key and then press (then release) volume up key.

4. Select "wipe data/factory reset" by volume down key (or volume up key), and then press power key to start reset. (OR)

5. Select wipe cache partition to flush the cache partition.

ZE500CL
        1. When device is off, press (also hold) volume up key and then press (also hold) power key.
        After the device vibrates, release power key (keep holding volume up key) to enter Fastboot mode.
        2. Select "RECOVERY MODE" by "volume down key" (or "volume up key"), and then press "power key" to confirm.

3. Select "wipe data/factory reset" by volume down key (or volume up key), and then press power key to start reset.

4.Select wipe cache partition to flush the cache partition.

TecHSurfeR_ASUS

ASUS ZENFONE 2 | ZE551ML | 4G
Props
ESP Level 1 | All posts
I made the deletion of manufactures and died my zenfone 2
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
Thank JSJ , after a lot of struggle finally made a wipe cache, and my phone is running, lets c how well it behaves in the long run, will update u later.
Props
karthikmuthu24 posted on 2015/6/20 10:09
Thank JSJ , after a lot of struggle finally made a wipe cache, and my phone is running, lets c how w ...

Welcome karthikmuthu24, Glad I could help.
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
My zen2 551ML cannot enter recovery mode, after I select recovery at bootloader the fone restart to normal system instead of recovery mode or the died android logo.

I've already tried flashing recovery img but still the same, no died droid.
Any suggestion? Thx
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Nicely Documented mate. Keep more such posts coming in....
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
Thanks for the documentation.
Props
IDN Level 1 | All posts
terimakasih banyak informasinya min .... ......................................
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
I am unable to open recovery mode phone just continuously restart
Props
jatinsumai50 posted on 2016/8/17 15:15
I am unable to open recovery mode phone just continuously restart

When phone is restarting press and hold vol up button until you see the recovery boot loader.
Props
12Next
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm