Release Note
ZenTalk

[More Information Needed] Camera shutter and headphone Jack issues

1527 6
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
skyethur USA Level 4 | All posts

2 things I have noticed. First, the camera shutter, when I tap to take a shot the camera takes a while to actually take a photo because if I move my phone after I tap to shut the picture it is blurry I have to steady the phone after i take the shot for 3-5 seconds to to prevent blurry picture.

Headphone jack problem. I have selfie stick with a headphone jack to take volume as a shutter. When I inserted the headphone jack the phone do not recognize it as headphone cord it does not recognize it at all. I know this may be a problem because I have tried other phones with same selfie stick and it work perfectly and it recognize it as headphone cord. I have tried with other android devices like samsung note 4 and Lg optimus g pro and they work perfectly and recognize it as headphones. Please asus take a look at this problem. thank you in advance.
P_20161106_130206_vHDR_On_p.jpg
Screenshot_20161104-105035.jpg
Screenshot (Oct 21, 2016 12_41_50 PM).jpg
Props
TWN Moderator | All posts
Hi skyethur,

1) Camera shutter: what mode do you use?
Please make a small video for it.

2) what brand and model of selfie stick you are using?

thanks
Props
FYJ_ASUS posted on 2016/11/6 18:42
Hi skyethur,

1.) Camera Shutter. I use auto mode and auto HD mode and all show delay in taking photo. I have to steady 3-5 seconds to take the actual photo because if i move my phone right after i tap to take a photo it will come out blurry. It is kind of hassle to wait 3-5 seconds to take the actual shot. I will try to take a video for this.

2.) The selfie stick i use is from "Merkury Innovations". The headphone indicator on the top do not show, therefore, i can not use the shutter button on the stick to take a shot. Take note, with or without the phone case where there is obstacle around the headphone jack still both come out the same do not recognize as headphone cord.
Props
FYJ_ASUS posted on 2016/11/6 18:42
Hi skyethur,

Here is the video sample af the delay shutter on the camera I tried my best to capture good quality but sometimes video do not do justice in real life. I uploaded it on youtube with a caption/subtitle please turn that on when you watch this and I hope I made my point clear here.

https://youtu.be/HBXP55cpVZI
Props
skyethur posted on 2016/11/7 16:12
Here is the video sample af the delay shutter on the camera I tried my best to capture good qualit ...

Hello skyethur
Please help me check that if your phone firmware and camera app are updated to the latest
Please try restore the camera app to the factory version and try again it issue remains.
Also, please test the camera under safe mode and see if the delay still persist.
PS: please test it in a well lid environment to prevent the phone from longer shutter due to low light
Thank you
Props
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/11/14 00:48
Hello skyethur
Please help me check that if your phone firmware and camera app are updated to the  ...

Hello thanks for your response but I am afraid the camera problem still persist after what you have said and told me. I found a forum on this website who have the same exact problem as I am facing regarding camera shutter delay and the phone was zenfone 3 ze520kl and the he listed on issue number 5 and the link is this http://www.asus.com/zentalk/thread-116887-1-1.html

Please try and imitate my problem to same phone to see it for yourself. The link shows I am not the only one facing the problem

Props
bill2_chang_ASUS posted on 2016/11/14 00:48
Hello skyethur
Please help me check that if your phone firmware and camera app are updated to the  ...

I have never receive an update since I got this phone in october 2016. I kept tapping update firmware but no update so far. My Firmware version was posted on the pics from above. thanks.

Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm