Release Note
ZenTalk

[Reported] [Sound] Slow motion camera

5993 6
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
macclester PHL Level 2 | All posts
Hi,

Just a little comment on Zenfone 3's slow motion feature. Playback is not smooth. I understand it's not a high speed cam but I hope there would be a software update to smoothen the playback for the slowmotion at any given fps.

Thanks!

Regards,
Marc
Props
MYS Level 6 | All posts
Slow motion feature is not same as other smartphones that have 720p@120fps slow motion.

From moderators statement:
Hello All
Please allow me to explain "slow motion video"
In order to achieve slow motion, the phone's camera and the processor itself needs to have the ability to shoot high frame video like 90 or 120 FPS (frames per second), then slow the video down and play it at 60, 30 or lower to achieve slow motion video. Devices such as iPhone and GoPro can achieve this due to the fact that they have high end processors and camera components equipped. Because of hardware limitations, Zenfone 3 can not shoot high FPS videos, thus the slow motion video would look like a frame by frame video.
Thank you for your inquiry

I'm speechless of the statement, so the slow motion feature in Zenfone 3 is totally useless.
Props
IND Beta Tester | All posts
yaa they replied like this to me...
then why they are comparing with Iphone and promoting zen 3 is Built fr photpgraphy
Props
macclester PHL Level 2 | All posts
Thanks guys!

This is sad to hear. I was hoping Asus could do something to smooth the video via software at most since hardware can't suffice the slow motion feature.

I think they should remove the feature as it might affect Asus' branding.

Anyways, it's a shame I can't enjoy this feature.
Props
RUS Level 1 | All posts
Last edited by fastiko85 on 2016/11/30 12:42

Thank you for your detailed consultation. На северо-западе Москвы находится проспект маршала жукова, а на востоке Москвы находится зеленый проспект (район Перово).
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
Ng Kok Yu posted on 2016/11/3 15:35
Slow motion feature is not same as other smartphones that have 720p@120fps slow motion.

From modera ...

Therefore Same like zenfone 2, software trick only. But leEco or motorola phones can shoot good slow motion video, prices are lesser than zenfone2. I've test that. Prices are much lesser than this suck asus.
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
macclester posted on 2016/11/3 16:56
Thanks guys!

This is sad to hear. I was hoping Asus could do something to smooth the video via sof ...

Therefore Same like zenfone 2, software trick only. But leEco or motorola phones can shoot good slow motion video, prices are lesser than zenfone2. I've test that. Prices are much lesser than this suck asus.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm