Release Note
ZenTalk

[Tips] Hidden Photo Retouching Features in the ASUS “Gallery” App

9369 0
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
ZenTalk_FAQ TWN Moderator | All posts
Last edited by Mandy_ASUS on 2015/6/30 10:22

This article is quoted from ZenTalk TW, and the author is chiusir2011.
Source link:http://www.asus.com/zentalk/tw/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=78604

Have you ever used the ASUS Gallery application? Do you know there's another useful function in it? Let's read this cool sharing by Dr.Zen in Taiwan!

----------------------------------------------------

When we look at photos on our phone, most people will use the Android “Photos” application. I like to use the ASUS “Gallery” application that comes with ZenUI, mainly because of the photo editing tools it provides. This way, I don’t have to find another app specifically for photo editing. The photo editing options are more than enough for everyday photos, and they’re super easy to learn and use!
Best of all, the edited photo will be the same size as the original photo. The photo size and quality won’t be reduced like other third party photo editing applications.

So how do we use the photo editing tools in the ASUS “Gallery” application?

When you are viewing a single photo in the app, a toolbar will appear when you tap on the photo.
Click on the right-most icon to enter photo-editing mode.

You can see the four options available at the bottom of the photo, from left to right: Filter, Frame, Crop, Edit.
In this post, I will be focusing on the Edit function. When you click on this icon, you can see a row of the tools available.
We can also conveniently see the effect of each tool.

I’ll be using this photo of our mascot Zenny to demonstrate the different tools available. I want this photo’s color to be more vibrant but not fake. We can do this in less than a minute using the tools available.

1. Vibrance: This function makes colors naturally more vibrant. If we only adjust the photo’s color saturation, it would look less natural. Here, I have adjusted the Vibrance to +50.

2. Contrast: I have adjusted the contrast to +50 here, but this sacrifices some of the details in the shadows.

3. Sharpness: I like to increase the sharpness a little to make the outlines of the objects more obvious. I generally don’t increase it past +20, which might make the photo look too sharp and unnatural.

4. Vignette: Lastly, I like to use the vignette effect to make the edges of the photo darker.
This highlights the middle of the photo and makes it the focus.

This is a before and after comparison of another photo I edited. The colors in the edited photo are more vibrant, and the photo feels much more lively. Editing photos this way really just allows the original colors of the photos to be shown. I haven’t made any drastic changes to the photos. Often, there is more image and color distortion in digital photos than in photos taken with film. Because of this professional photographers will often retouch almost every photo they take using photo editing software like Photoshop.

When amateurs like me use a cellphone to take photos, the quality of the equipment and photos will be even worse, so photo retouching becomes extremely important to having a great photo. Often, the photo editing software and applications available are made for professionals, and many people (myself included) don’t have the time or patience to learn how to use them. Now, apps like “Gallery” make photo retouching much more simple, and photos can be made more lively and vivid in just a few minutes.

Photo retouching is especially important with photos of food. Take a look at a few comparison food photos. In a few short minutes, you can make your food photos look just as appetizing as mine!

This post contains more resources..

You need to login to download attachments. No account?Register Now

x
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm