Release Note
ZenTalk

[Other] [TUTORIAL] How to do Lens Correction using Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW

697 0
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
koushikhalder IND Dr. Zen(IN) | All posts
Last edited by koushikhalder on 2016/10/9 14:10

When you are taking shots of any Large Object or taking any Macro, the Images are always getting distorted at the center point because the thickness of the lens is the maximum nearby the Focal Axis. So you have do some lens correction. Unfortunately there is no ASUS Lens Profile correction software. So you can do it in Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW non-destructively. You can do it Automatic Mode or Manual Mode. Firstly I am describing Automatic Mode. You have perform the following steps for Automatic Mode:

01. Open the image in Adobe Bridge : First open Adobe Bridge. Navigate the folder where the Image is present. For my case it is in the Desktop/ZenTalk Tutorial.
                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                                        Now open the image in Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW

02. Correct Lens Profile : Select the Lens Correction Tab.

Now select the option Remove Chromatic Aberration and Enable Lens Profile Correction.
                                             Then you have to select the Correct Lens Profile. I have observed that Sony Lens Profile works the best for me. So I have selected Sony Lens

Everything is done. Now you have to open the Image in Adobe Photoshop by Clicking the Open Image Button.

Then save the Lens Profile corrected image.

Here is the difference :
                            Before                                                      

After

Lastly I am describing Manual Mode. You have perform the following steps for Manual Mode:
01. You have to select the Manual Profile.

02. Then click Upright has moved to the new Transform tool. Then Upright Information popup will open then you have to select Yes button.

03. Now your Manual Correction options will be available. You may correct your Image by Increasing/Decreasing Vertical and/or Horizontal Distortion.

Note : For more precise correction you may enable Grid Lines in both Automatic or Manual Mode.

Adobe Bridge 01

Adobe Bridge 01

Adobe Bridge 02

Adobe Bridge 02

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 01

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 01

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 02

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 02

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 03

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 03

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 04

Adobe Photoshop Camera RAW 04