Release Note
ZenTalk

[Connection/Signal] Android M for ZenFone 5

50233 28
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
IND Level 2 | All posts
Zen_Master.. posted on 2015/5/30 09:06
android l took 6 months to come. then android m will take a whole year.
#no_android_m_for_zenfone

Fake account
Props
IND Level 3 | All posts
rounakr94 posted on 2015/5/30 02:22
Oh i was Unaware of that, sorry my bad

They have released M Developer preview for Nexus 5 too that mean there will be M update for Nexus 5, so there is possibility for Zenfone too.
Props
Stop waiting for android L. You will soon get android Z from asus. The development is in final stages. You will be notified shortly.
Props
PHL Level 3 | All posts
ajeetsinghkrsna posted on 2015/5/30 14:42
Stop waiting for android L. You will soon get android Z from asus. The development is in final stage ...

What is wrong with you guys? It is never wrong to persuade a company to update their products.

Android M was announced and based from my understanding, it will be focused on polishes/bug fixes/slew of ux enhancements and few new features. I cannot see any reason why Asus COULD NOT update the lineup. They already figured out how our devices are going to run ART and I believe uses this runtime as well. And If you would notice, Asus doesn't do much forking and very heavy skinning with their version of the OS compared to other brands like Samsung and LG. In short, they do not have much work to do to be able to give us the update.

And again, Android One devices are less capable than our phones. Majority of those devices only have a dual core processor, a gig of RAM, etc. But still, they are GUARANTEED to be updated by Google for the next 1-2 years.

I know it's too much to ask for it, but heck, there's nothing wrong about it. My two cents.
Sorry for this lengthy post.
Props
IND Level 1 | All posts
hahahaha android m for ZenFones .... I'll stop using phone if it ever got m
Props
Zen_Master.. posted on 2015/5/30 06:06
android l took 6 months to come. then android m will take a whole year.
#no_android_m_for_zenfone

Another fake account..................
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
Android M firmware update please for Zen5, and I rely that ASUS is the best! hahaha
Props
IND ZenCare | All posts
As of now no news for Android M update. we will update if any such plan for this.
Props
PHL Moderator | All posts
ZenFone 5 already has Android Lollipop 5.0 update, but it's manual. And there's no hardware limitation on Android Marshmallow that limits it to 64-bit devices, since Google already updated their 32-bit Android One line.

ZenFone 5 may be able to handle Android Marshmallow but as of now there is no official word on this.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share link list
Share by pm