Release Note
ZenTalk

[Replied] [System] recovering contacts, sms, call history, etc from Zenfone 5 with broken screen

11442 5
Jump to specific floor
Latest Post
rinjo81 IND Level 2 | All posts
ASUS 5 Bug Report
Model: ZC600KL
RAM: 2G
Firmware/APP Version: WW_V2.22.40.54_20151120_16
Frequency of Occurrence: 1.2 GHz
Rooted: Yes
APP Name: -
Screenshot: -
Hi All,

I dropped my Zenfone 5 the other day and the screen is broken. The phone gets powered on, but the display is totally gone. Screen keeps on flickering with lines and the touch does not work. I tried connecting an usb mouse using OTG to make selections. Although the usb mouse connected successfully, I was not able to make any selections as the screen is flickering too much and its very hard to figure out what I am clicking on.
I googled for solution and found some free tools that can be used for backup and recovery. However, for all the tools we need to have "usb debugging" enabled.
My problem is I do not have "usb debugging" enabled on my phone.

Is there any way I can enable "usb debugging" on my Zenfone 5 somehow?
I will be more grateful if someone can point to some method in which I can recover my contacts, sms, call history, etc without enabling the usb debugging.

regards,
Rinjo
Props
PHL Level 5 | All posts
have you tried going to an asus service center
Props
rinjo81 IND Level 2 | All posts
I am checking if its possible to retrieve the data myself and in the process learn a thing or to about interfacing/debugging mobiles.

Taking the handset to service center is also the last option...
Props
IND Moderator | All posts
Hey rinjo,

Kindly visit the nearest Authorized Asus Service center
Click Here

Note: Try locating with the nearest Pin Code.
Props
USA Level 2 | All posts
Tips: The author has been banned or deleted, content has been banned automatically
Props
USA Level 1 | All posts
If you're using a Samsung phone, I know some program can recover files from broken screen phone.
Props
Advanced mode
You need to login first Login | Register Now

Points policy of this forum

wishes

Archiver|Mobile ver.|

Fast reply Top Return to list
Share by pm